A poorly thought out idea follows:

What if you had two gifs containing diagnal lines in a transarent image.

\   and   /

10 pixels by 10 pixels.

First, decide whether the slope is positive or negative.

Then, just set the image display size to the rise and run of your needed slope, and you have a diagnal line.

(This assumes you dont need to draw anything under the slope.)

Just a thought.

Jerry Johnson

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 09/30/03 12:18PM >>>
You might look into SVG.  It's an XML-based vector graphics plugin, somewhat
similar to Flash.  However, since it's all XML, it's a snap to generate with
CF.  My company uses it internally for graphing and plotting all kinds of
stuff.  The only downside is that the plugin is over 2MB, but that's a one
time cost.

barneyb