I am trying to use CFFILE to parse a text file, put the contents in a
var and then insert that into a db.

However, the file only gets parsed halfway through the first line. I
couldn't at first figure out why it would stop. If I opened the file
in notepad, added a space, then deleted the space, the file would
then parse correctly.

I then opened the file in wordpad and discovered that where the
parsing stops there is a little square that doesn't show up in
notepad, assuming some type of special character or something, but I
have no idea what.
If I manually delete the little square, then it parses fine (until it
runs into the one on the next line etc)...

is there any way to get past this? I am beating my head against the
wall and can no longer even see straight...

tia
Stephenie