OK, here's what I'm seeing; please correct me -

-- The Zip table does not have the corners (need four corners) of counties or whatever specified, it has ONE SET of lat/longs, correct?
-- This single set of data says where the center of the Zip is.

If I'm correct (see below), it's either a trig problem or conversion to polar coordinates.

If I'm wrong - if all four corners of the Zip areas are delineated, it becomes a rather straight-forward UPDATE (with Select) statement. One query and you're done.

What is the actual case? I'm curious.