> and I know what we have read on the site, but what, give us a real
> live this
> is what it could do type thing.
> I have a .net guy here who, well, for the sake of argument, doesn't
> really
> love cf like we do.  (That's a nice as I
> could say anything) anyway, can you give us a real world example? or
> did I
> miss it on the site?

I believe someone on this list asked the other day about determining
the size of a directory including everything nested inside it. Using
cfdirectory one would have to traverse the entire directory to
calculate its entire size. As someone else pointed out in reply to the
question, the Windows file system object supports this functionality,
but of course you can only access the file system object through COM.
Using Black Knight, you could make use of a native .NET file system API
instead, which would be much more efficient.

Matt Liotta
President & CEO
Montara Software, Inc.
http://www.MontaraSoftware.com