On Tuesday, October 7, 2003, at 06:02  PM, Dave Watts:

> In my experience, this has occasionally caused severe performance
> degradation, so you'll want to be very careful when doing this. In
> general,
> I'd try to avoid doing it at all.

Really?  That is quite surprising.

So is it the duplication of the struct that is causing the performance
hit?

> As others have mentioned, this often isn't necessary with CFMX.

I'm just starting to write some code for MX and this is one of the
things I am trying to be very careful of

> Finally, you should be very careful when attempting to apply common
> sense to
> expected performance outcomes.

Or anything associated with application development in general :-)

Thanks to everyone for the links and comments