Hello list,
Was wondering if someone can help. I need to create a piece of js (or other recomended piece) that can run across browsers on asp, cfm, static or php etc sites.

Basically I need to collect some basic CGI. Variables like http_referer and params, user  agent etc etc. Essentially I am assigning a user a cookie/session variable and posting that information to a database.

I do this now by running some code on an application.cfm file - however I would like to bundle it up into a js piece and have that submit to a completely seperate server and cfm page which will run filters, do some sets, and insert that into a database.

The basic project is to track referrers and specifically click paths of users through the shopping cart, but have all tracked data submit from any site online, to my cfm site and SQL database.

I am not quite sure of what some of you may recommend and was curious for some feedback to see if I am on the right path.

Thanks!
jason