Available publicly.
  -----Original Message-----
  From: brob [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
  Sent: Sunday, October 12, 2003 1:26 AM
  To: CF-Talk
  Subject: Re: Secure way of identifying a particular device

  You can do it by IP address, but every computer behind a router sharing the
internet connection will most likely have the same external IP, so that wont
work.

  However, is the IP of those computers static for an indefinite period of
time?  If so, then u can use both cookies and IP address.

  IP address will make sure they wont be able to get it from anywhere else.
Cookies will nail it down to one computer.

  Now is this an intranet web app or a public app?