Here's my task: Create a web-based mechanism that can provide a means to
transmit large blocks of data (XML data dumps to be exact) from one
location to another (usually thousands of miles away). The key
requirement is that the data travel encrypted and that it have resume
capability.

My gut tells me to go w/ some form of secured FTP to transmit the data.
I could probably piece together some sort of front-end that shows
progress in some manner (I think) through a web console.

Does anyone have other suggestions as to a good way to transmit data in
such a manner?

-Rich