Hi,

I've just successfully installed CF for J2EE on top of WebSphere HATS, the process of which was a little different than any installation guidelines based on the fact that HATS does not have the same configuration process as WebSphere itself. As a result, I've got some questions and issues:

I've got my CF Administrator installed on my server at http://localhost:9080/cfmx/cfide/administrator/. The first thing I notice is that due to relative urls and that added folder in the path (cfmx), the images don’t show, nor does the style sheet does take effect. Is there any way to fix this?

These are non-terminal issues and so CF is working. I am ready to interact with WebSphere, so I thought I’d try to compile sum.class (found in Programming ColdFusion MX Second Edition, but any .class is applicable.), and I’m wondering which folder is the correct location to store it. WebSphere automatically places it in the c:\program files\ibm\websphere studio\eclipse\workspace\SAMS\webApplication\web-inf\classes\com\lrs\lrshtk folder. I don’t think that CF knows to look there for it. In regular CF Enterprise, there is a CFIDE Administrator page where you can set up your Java and JVM settings. In CFMX on top of WebSphere HATS, there is no such page to configure these settings. However, there is a summary page with a ton of Java information (which I will place at the bottom of this message). The Java Class Path item in this list of summary items shows several paths, and in each of them there are only .jar files and no .class files. Should I try pasting my sum.class file into all of those folders and see what happens? Well, I did, and instead of the error below, I get the error message that follows that (Second error). Sounds like the same error, but put differently. So where do I place the .class file so that CF can see it?

1st Error:
Object Instantiation Exception.
Class not found: Sum

Second error:
Object Instantiation Exception.
An exception occurred when instantiating a java object. The cause of this exception was that: Sum (wrong name: com/lrs/lrshtk/Sum).

My final question deals with HATS itself. HATS, or Host Access Transformation Server, converts a mainframe application into .jsp pages sweet!). We have gotten started doing so (“We” is composed of a couple of Cobol programmers and myself, a CF programmer, and none of us have experience in .jsp / java) and I was hoping I could use my CF Knowledge by building upon the pages HATS generates. I mentioned earlier that the CF application was located at http://localhost:9080/cfmx. Consultants started us off building our HATS application at http://localhost:9080/SAMS. Is there an issue of these projects (CF and SAMS) located in separate folders? How do I use CFML with HATS, or any existing jsp application? Do I have to pull the SAMS folder into and under the CFMX folder or can I reference my HATS .jsp files via my CFMX folder just fine?

I’m sorry for all of the questions but I seem to be between a rock and a hard place.

Thank you in advance for your assistance. The Java info follows.

Sincerely,
Andrew

Version Information
Server Details
Server Product ColdFusion Server

Version 6,1,0,63958

Edition Enterprise

Serial Number xxx

Operating System Windows XP

OS Version 5.1

JVM Details
Java Version 1.3.1

Java Vendor IBM Corporation

Java Vendor URL http://www.ibm.com/

Java Home C:\Program Files\IBM\WebSphere Studio\runtimes\base_v5\java\jre

File Separator \

Path Separator ;

Line Separator

User Name AndySP

User Home C:\Documents and Settings\andysp

User Dir C:\Program Files\IBM\WebSphere Studio\eclipse

Java VM Specification Version 1.0

Java VM Specification Vendor Sun Microsystems Inc.

Java VM Specification Name Java Virtual Machine Specification

Java VM Version 1.3.1

Java VM Vendor IBM Corporation

Java VM Name Classic VM

Java Specification Version 1.3

Java Specification Vendor Sun Microsystems Inc.

Java Specification Name Java Platform API Specification

Java Class Version 46.0

Java Class Path C:\Program Files\IBM\WebSphere Studio\runtimes\base_v5/properties; C:\Program Files\IBM\WebSphere Studio\runtimes\base_v5/properties; C:\Program Files\IBM\WebSphere Studio\runtimes\base_v5/lib/bootstrap.jar; C:\Program Files\IBM\WebSphere Studio\runtimes\base_v5/lib/j2ee.jar; C:\Program Files\IBM\WebSphere Studio\runtimes\base_v5/lib/lmproxy.jar; C:/Program Files/IBM/WebSphere Studio/wstools/eclipse/plugins/com.ibm.etools.websphere.tools.common_5.0.1/runtime/wteServers.jar; C:/Program Files/IBM/WebSphere Studio/wstools/eclipse/plugins/com.ibm.etools.websphere.tools.common_5.0.1/runtime/wasToolsCommon.jar

Java Ext Dirs C:\Program Files\IBM\WebSphere Studio\runtimes\base_v5\java\jre\lib\ext

Sincerely,
Andrew