I am noticing something strange here and am hoping someone can enlighten
me..

My form has a field called userId which is hidden and holds an MS formatted
UUID (xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx). For now though, I am just
testing out the form and tried setting the form value equal to CreateUUID,
which uses the format (xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx). I set the form
value equal to #CreateUUID# for testing purposes and it gets passed into my
stored proc via the cfprocparam tag.

<cfprocparam type="In" dbvarname="currentUserId"
null="no" value="#form.currentUser#" cfsqltype="CF_SQL_VARCHAR" />

When form.currentUser is equal to #CreateUUID()# the stored proc errors out.
When form.currentUser is equal to #CreateGUID()# the stored proc errors out.

When form.currentUser is equal to 4572039B-BDB5-255B-BBF5-1B752CEDD144 (MS
format)the stored proc WORKS!
Guess where I got that value? I viewed the source when I set the form field
equal to #CreateGUID()# and copied it, then pasted it into the value of the
currentUser form field!

Can anyone explain why the stored procedure would accept the value when I
manually set it to the value instead of calling the function to do it?

CreateGUID() was obtained form cflib.org by the way.

Thoughts???

Thanks,

Mike