Thanks, guys.  Unfortunately, everything must happen in the query itself
(or at the SQL server) because I'm using a custom tag which takes a raw
SQL query as input and spits out the results in a particularly-formatted
(and quite attractive) table.  Hence, there is not a place for me to
manipulate the data via CF.

I like Raymond's link, though.  I wonder if I couldn't strip the
punctuation and convert to integer in the query, rather than parse out
each octet?

Hmmm...

Dave