Eric,

So it's being saved in the DB as a sqaure box symbol....does it output as a single quote (i.e. select it and cfoutput it).  I haven't worked with Access in so long....can't quite recall what it does with single quotes
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Eric Creese
  To: CF-Talk
  Sent: Thursday, October 16, 2003 2:30 PM
  Subject: One more dumb question

  I am passing from a form a textarea field that has word like home's, they'll. I have not had problems with this before but I am experiencing issues with the single quote being saved as a Square.

  Any help would be appreciated.

  My condolences to all you Cubie fans, I was pulling for your team even though I am a Pirates Fan.

  Eric