On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 16:36:34 -0400, in cf-talk you wrote:

>I'm using VK2 spider (bundled with the old CF5) to crawl a Web site.
>Some indexed CFM pages are returning titles, while others are not.
>I've painstakingly compared "view-source" code from pages that do have
>titles in the index, and those that don't: I can't find *any* common
>element(s) in the code that might prevent a title from being
>parsed/collected.
>
>Does anyone have any ideas as to what the problem/solution might be?

Problem solved.

Reluctant admission, but for posterity: Original problem was with HTML
comments before the <html> tag. This prevented title gathering. When
these were removed, titles still weren't being collected, but this
time, it was because IIS was pointing to an old codebase, and our
comment removal hadn't been done there.

Duh,
Jamie