First of all you have your SQL statement in the wrong order

It should be

UPDATE
SET
WHERE

Secondly now in cf is #Now()# not #now#.  That is of course if you haven't
set a variable higher up in your template called now.  If you do have one I
would suggest renaming it to something else to avoid confusion.

--K