Hi everyone,

We have CFMX 6.1 standard install running on Win2K/IIS, all with the latest
patches, versions and whatnot. As our sites continue to get busy, we've been
starting to see this error:

"Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your
request.
Could not connect to JRun Server."

It's been happening more and more lately. Sometimes we'll see it and it will
just go away if we reload the page, then reloading again will bring it back.
Other times it's 100% down. Restarting the CF service or the whole server
will fix it for an hour or so. Sometimes it fixes itself.

It doesn't happen at certain times, not necessarily at peak times either.

We've been able to duplicate it with <cfx_image>, even with exclusive
locking, putting stress on the tag will produce this error, so we switched
it for ImageMagick, but it still happens (we get <100 photos a day).

In our experience Jrun is flaky and coldfusion will crash if (a) the mail
server is slow or unresponsive, (b) sql server is slow or unresponsive (c)
we change the time on the web server, (d) poor multi-threading in a 3rd
party app or tag we use or (e) we breath funny or look at it the wrong way.

Our sites are pretty well optimized, they run VERY fast, even at peak times.
It's not necessarily bad coding.

If anyone has dealt with this or knows how to help us or knows anyone who
can help us, we would be VERY appreciative.

(especially me, as my boss is threatening to make us rewrite the sites in
.NET)

thanks
-nathan strutz