  From: Marlon Moyer [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
  Sent: Wednesday, October 22, 2003 2:18 PM
  To: CF-Talk
  Subject: Getting a value from a query

  I'm trying to assign a value from a query column like so:

  <cfoutput query="pivot_values">
  <cfset temp = pivot_values["#attributes.pivot#"]>
  </cfoutput>

  I then want to manipulate this value as a string.  But when I do the
  above statement, cf is treating temp as a reference instead of the
  actual value.  I've tried using toString, but it complains that a
  complex value cannot be used in the function.  How can I get to the value?

  --
  marlon
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]