Here's an Active Directory approach (and, actually, the non-AD approach
is almost identical):

Create a domain user, "ColdFusion."   Add 'Domain\ColdFusion' user to
your CF server's 'Administrators' group.  Assign this user to the
'ColdFusion Application Server Service' service a la "Log On as:" and
"This Account: [EMAIL PROTECTED]"  There is no need to modify
the other CF services (Executive & RDS).  Restart.

Now, you can assign granular permissions for your ColdFusion server as
any other user or group throughout your Windows network.  For example,
add [EMAIL PROTECTED] to the target server's 'Users' or
'Guests' groups, as appropriate.

Dave

--

David M. Delbridge