I think you can use set locale to change the settings.

Rex

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gabriel Robichaud" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "CF-Talk" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, October 31, 2003 2:33 PM
Subject: page encoding french characters stupid hosting

Ok....

For the last week I have been battling in out with my hosting provider.  I
develop all my apps in French, French content, French in the db tables,
French... BUT my development environment is 100% English, because I prefer
the to work in English... so I develop my apps, they work 100% fine in my
English dev environment... so... move to production, ie, my hosting
provider... ALL ACCENTED CHARACTERS that are passed to the server via web
forms are converted to `y.  My hosting provider is convinced it's a coding
problem, but yet, if this was true, I would have the same problem on my dev
machines right?  I tried it on two separate dev machines, and I just can't
reproduce this bug.  I have cfcontent set to iso-8859-1,  also
setEncoding("form", "UTF-8") did not work and the cfprocessing directive did
not work either....

Here is how ti works.

-          User enters accents in form
-          User presses submit
-          <cfoutput>#form.content#</cfoutput>  all accents are converted to
'y
-          this happens before its inserted into the database so its clearly
a problem on the server or some obscure thing I don't know about....

PLEASE, anyone with ideas, I am all ears!!

Gabriel