oi CF-Talk,!!

We are trying to cluster two servers using CFMX Enterprise and
ClusterCats with WIN2K and IIS 5.   We are following the directions
outlined in the Using ClusterCats PDF from the Macromedia website.   The
problem we are having is with setting up the Dynamic IP addressing so
the servers will failover in case one goes down.   Below are the steps
we have taken:

1)       Each server was assigned a unique IP for the website and one
for the maintenance address.
2)       These IP's were added to the DNS Forward and Reverse lookup
tables, and were confirmed using NSLOOKUP.
3)       With all IP's bound to the NICs, ClusterCats was installed on
each server.
4)       A cluster was created using the Wizard, and no maintenance
address was specified per the instructions.   So far, so good.
5)       The website address was removed from each NIC, and each website
in IIS was checked to make sure the website IP was still bound to the
website.
6)       Each machine was rebooted.

After rebooting the servers, ClusterCats Explorer shows that the second
server (dev2) is unavailable even though the website and all required
services are running.   The IP for dev1, which shows as available in
Explorer, is being properly assigned as that server can be browsed.

We have tried several variants of the steps taken above, and each time
we find that the second server comes up not available.    If we run
ClusterCats Explorer/Cluster Wizard from dev2, the same thing happens
but in reverse (dev2 is available after reboot, but dev1 comes up as
unavailable.)

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

/crit

--