>and mikey brought up a good idea on aim with me earlier.  the real
>problem with a pk field is that if something about that
>table/record/database gets corrupted, you will never be able to
recreate
>that number in the pk field.  where a uuid, you could, in theory
>recreate it.

Well you could recreate an identity with a new auto generated number and
just update all the child records with the new id.  Even if you generate
a new UUID, you still need to update all the child records as well, so
the same problem holds for both.  The problem is that you cannot
manually edit an identity field, where in a UUID, you could.

Kevin Kazmierczak, CCNA
Certified Advanced ColdFusion MX Developer
Alfred University
Alumni Hall
607-871-2334
[EMAIL PROTECTED]