From: Jeff Beer [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, November 11, 2003 5:09 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Outputting an XML Object to browser

[sorry for the dupe post - the original got chopped off at the line of
dashes]

Hi all,

Been searching and trying for quite some time and need a pointer or
two...

I've created an XML object from a query (using CFSAVECONTENT) and it
CFDUMPs just fine.  Now I simply need to output that as XML to the
browser (or calling application).  I keep getting:

The XML page cannot be displayed
Cannot view XML input using style sheet. Please correct the error and
then click the Refresh button, or try again later.
--------

Invalid at the top level of the document. Error processing resource
'http://10.0.0.1/Admin/administrators/xml/reviews-api.cfm'. Line 1,
Position 1

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
^

Here's the output code I'm using currently:

(myDoc was created with CFSAVECONTENT)

<CFSETTING showdebugoutput="No">
<cfcontent type="text/xml" Reset="yes">
<cfoutput>#ToString(myDoc)#</cfoutput>

I've also tried creating myDoc with CFXML - same error result, and I've
tried this:

<cfset myXmlObj = XMLParse(myDoc)>
<!--- <cfdump var="#myxmlObj#"> --->
<CFSETTING showdebugoutput="No">