> I'm getting an Access Denied Error. WHY!!!! please helpy. :)

Perhaps the CF server doesn't have permissiony to delete the file, or
perhaps the file is locky.

I'm sorry, I couldn't resist that. There are a lot of reasons why you might
not be able to delete a file, though. If CF is running as SYSTEM (on
Windows), it usually has rights to delete any file on the machine by
default, but if you've changed filesystem ACLs, that may not be true. So,
it's more likely that the file is locked. If you did anything to the file
within the same CF program, or if the file was requested by a browser, it
may well be locked. You can shorten this file locking time within IIS's
configuration. You might want to read this stuff:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;265279

You might also find it useful to post more details about what exactly you're
trying to do, and the environment in which you're trying to do it.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
voice: (202) 797-5496
fax: (202) 797-5444