This may not best be done with a CF solution, so I'm open to any
suggestions, the simpler the better.

BACKGROUND

We have a web application working with sensitive HIPPA information.  As one
could imagine, we don't really want to keep this information available for
very long, so the application session times out, if inactive for a set time.

If the session has timed out while open in the browser, any new action by
the user causes the application to go to the start.  All this is good as far
as it goes, but it would be much nicer to the user, if they receive a
warning of the pending and/or past expiration of the application.

The main reason for this request, is that the application has some fairly
complex data collection forms.  It could be annoying, if a user opens one of
these form, gets interrupted by the phone, comes back after the session has
expired, enters all the data in the open form in their browser, submits the
form to be told by the server: "sorry your session has timed out", then
being sent back to the start losing all their work.

REQUEST

I'm looking for ways I might be able to push, or in someway deliver a
warning to the user?  My bank's online banking website does this, and while
I hate the bank itself, this is a nice feature.  I'm just not sure how they
do it.  How they have a popup window open when the session is about to
expire/has expired?  Would this just be done with _javascript_?  How else
might this be done?  Some kind of dynamic scheduled task?  Something built
in java and/or jsp?  Something one of you has already built and can just
give me. *smile*

Thanks

--------------
Ian Skinner
Web Programmer
BloodSource
www.BloodSource.org
Sacramento, CA

Confidentiality Notice:  This message including any
attachments is for the sole use of the intended
information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or
distribution is prohibited. If you are not the
intended recipient, please contact the sender and
delete any copies of this message.