I moved an application from CF5 to MX 6.1 and I wanted to convert the
existing MS access 2000 db from the std driver to the new access Unicode
driver (for current and future compatibility). When I place the UTF-8 tags
in where everyone suggests (in the application.cfm) and the
<cfprocessingdirective> tag on each page, the output from the MS access
Unicode driver is rendered correctly (without square boxes or other
rubbish).

Here's the problem though: I found that when using the Unicode driver, some
of my existing cfquery statements fail. In other words, the tables in the db
all have a primary key set to an auto-incrementing long integer (so there's
no duplicates). Now, with the Unicode driver, errors are thrown from the
queries stating that the value is undefined (in all cases referencing the
primary key numeric value). So a statement in a query WHERE memberID -
#URL.memberID# throws an error.

If I go to the CFAdmin datasources, and change the access driver back to the
plain one (without Unicode support), the problem goes away, and the cfquery
statements again execute successfully.

I've noticed that the error message seems to get thrown when there are
numeric id's of three or more characters in length, for example "123".
Characters in the single or double digits don't seem to throw errors, even
when using the Unicode driver.  Too weird.

HELP!

Thanks, Mark