> I was just reading this article on Macromedia's site:
> http://www.macromedia.com/support/coldfusion/ts/documents/tn18336.htm,
> and this may be a stupid question but how do I unblock ports on my
> Windows server?

By default, Windows doesn't block any ports. You have to explicitly block
them yourself, using Windows' own functionality (IP security policies or
TCP/IP Filtering) or using a host-based firewall application.

If you're installing CF and, say, IIS on a single machine, you shouldn't
have to worry about anything unless, as stated above, you are blocking
ports. If you're installing CF in distributed mode, with IIS on one server
and CF on another, then you or your network administrator will have to
ensure that traffic is allowed between the appropriate ports on both
machines.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
phone: 202-797-5496