> Also, you can't run an Access macro on the server without automation
which is a big no-no.

I don't want to get into the politics of having Access installed on the
machine, that's not my concern, it's the users concern. All I want to do
get the reasons why people go through so much time and effort to do a
DSN less connection in _CFML_.

> DTS implies MSSQL and if you're using a DTS to import from an uploaded
Excel or Access database, then somehow you must be passing the path to
the Excel or Access file to the DTS package.

Yep, I was asked for an example through code, but I don't see a need to
do it through code. It can be done with the database engines. You'll
probably counter and say that in order to run the DTS your doing it
through code anyways. My answer would be yes but your calling a stored
procedure. Or firing a Macro.

> This is really the same as dsn-less connection, just through DTS and
not through CF

Yep