I started using Poseidon for UML (www.gentleware.com), which is pretty nice.
Very complete and quite user friendly.  It's somewhat slow, because it's all
Java, but certainly still usable.  They have several different versions,
including a free one.  There are a few missing features, but I haven't
wanted any of the disabled features.  They're focused towards hard-core UML
developers, and I'm not one of those.

Cheers,
barneyb