Out of curiosity, is the persistence causing a problem for your code, or did you just notice that the output of this cookie was retaining these values after deleting them?  If there is no problem, I would say you are all set.  It would help to see a little more code though from the page where you are setting these variables.  Such as if you are using cfapplication and client management, how are you setting the cookies etc....

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Dan Farmer
  To: CF-Talk
  Sent: Wednesday, December 03, 2003 12:13 PM
  Subject: Re: question about cookies..

  I've tried a CFDUMP var="#cookie#, and funny enough it returns a whole set
  of different cookies than ( alert(document.cookie)) ....could it be tha to
  need to use _javascript_ to delete them because they were created with
  _javascript_? Someone mentioned that it might be because of page processing,
  but no that's not it ( I've gone to subsequent pages and they are still
  there ).

  Here's my code trying to delete them ...

  <cfcookie name="surveyid" value="" expires="now">
  <cfcookie name="question" value="" expires="now">
  <cfcookie name="optional" value="true" expires="now">

  <cfloop from="1" to="20" index="i">

  <cfif isdefined('cookie.ans#i#') or isdefined('cookie.ans#i#check')>
  <cookie name="ans#i#" value="" expires="now">
  <cfcookie name="ans#i#check" value="" expires="now">
  </cfif>

  </cfloop>

  Here's what _javascript_: alert(document.cookie) returns >

  question=What is my name macker; ans1sdfsdfs; ans1=Macker macker;
  ans2=annaser er macka; optional=true; ans3=macker sdfsdf; ans1check=false;
  ans2check=false; ans3check=false; ans4; ans4check=false; ans5check=false;
  HIDEWELCOMEWINDOW=1; CFID=401; CFTOKEN=64042666;
  JSESSIONID=7e301552641070328067800

  Here's what CFDUMP returns >

  ANS1 [empty string]
  ANS1CHECK [empty string]
  ANS2 [empty string]
  ANS2CHECK [empty string]
  ANS3 [empty string]
  ANS3CHECK [empty string]
  ANS4 [empty string]
  ANS4CHECK [empty string]
  ANS5 [empty string]
  ANS5CHECK [empty string]
  CFID 401
  CFTOKEN 64042666
  HIDEWELCOMEWINDOW 1
  JSESSIONID 7e301552641070328067800
  OPTIONAL true
  QUESTION [empty string]
  SURVEYID [empty string]
  ans1sdfsdfs [undefined struct element]





  >From: "Michael Hodgdon" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  >Reply-To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  >To: CF-Talk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  >Subject: Re: question about cookies..
  >Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2003 08:55:31 -0500
  >MIME-Version: 1.0
  >Received: from houseoffusion.com ([64.118.64.245]) by mc7-f40.hotmail.com
  >with Microsoft SMTPSVC(5.0.2195.6713); Wed, 3 Dec 2003 05:57:59 -0800
  >Received: from LOCALHOST by LOCALHOSTwith ESMTP id
  >F1F7CA6331C19642BE3B1D7E27DC9432Wed, 3 Dec 2003 08:58:51 -0500
  >X-Message-Info: JGTYoYF78jEUtpAfg9C5iCXZI2n429ql
  >Message-ID: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  >Precedence: bulk
  >References: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  >Return-Path: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  >X-OriginalArrivalTime: 03 Dec 2003 13:58:04.0283 (UTC)
  >FILETIME=[78BBECB0:01C3B9A5]
  >
  >If you do a cfdump on the cookie scope (<cfdump var="#cookie#">), are the
  >values still in there?  What does the code look like that is setting these
  >cookies?
  >
  >
  >   ----- Original Message -----
  >   From: Dan Farmer
  >   To: CF-Talk
  >   Sent: Wednesday, December 03, 2003 1:59 AM
  >   Subject: question about cookies..
  >
  >
  >   I want to delete my cookie variables but they don't seem to be deleting.
  >   What am I doing wrong in my code?  I originally set these cookies with
  >   _javascript_, I don't see how that would make a difference..cookies are
  >   cookies... anyway, when I do the JS alert statement below I get a whole
  >ton
  >   of cookies returned that should have been deleted.
  >
  >   <cfcookie name="surveyid" value="" expires="NOW">
  >   <cfcookie name="question" value="" expires="NOW">
  >   <cfcookie name="optional" value="" expires="NOW">
  >
  >   <cfloop from="1" to="20" index="i">
  >
  >   <cfcookie name="ans#i#" value="" expires="NOW">
  >   <cfcookie name="ans#i#check" value="" expires="NOW">
  >   </cfloop>
  >
  >   <script>
  >
  >   alert(document.cookie);
  >
  >   </script>
  >
  >   This JS code outputs the following...this is the cookie values...
  >
  >   question=What is my name macker; ans1sdfsdfs; ans1=Macker macker;
  >   ans2=annaser er macka; optional=true; ans3=macker sdfsdf;
  >ans1check=false;
  >   ans2check=false; ans3check=false; ans4; ans4check=false;
  >ans5check=false;
  >   HIDEWELCOMEWINDOW=1; CFID=401; CFTOKEN=64042666;
  >   JSESSIONID=7e301552641070328067800
  >
  >
[Todays Threads] [This Message] [Subscription] [Fast Unsubscribe] [User Settings]

Reply via email to