Rob,

Each application or site if you will, has its' own unique requirements in
terms of security. I can give you a generic example of how I handle it when
I have users, roles, and permissions.
I assign users to roles which come with "n" number of permissions by
default. I also assign "floating" permissions (those not designated to a
role) to a user as well. I then protect areas within my application by
checking roles and/or permissions. With MX 6.1 this is not that difficult at
all. Using the CFLOGIN features along with some home-grown ways of storing
permissions is definitely one route, and the route I have been using for
awhile.

You can go really crazy in terms of structuring permissions, depending again
on your needs. I tend to structure for the most complex of situations and
then the functionality can be had if and when it may be needed. That being
said, I tend to setup permission hierarchies... following the nested set
model of storage. If you are interested, google "Joe Celko nested sets" and
read up a little.. it is definitely some powerful SQL and code.

Other than that, there are a many many more ways to implement security. Do
you have something specific in mind?

Fusebox 3 eh? Move to FB 4 if you can, security then becomes even easier to
implement on many levels!

HTWI,

Mike