> Well, I solved it...here is the code below in case anyone else
> needs to do something like this....
>
> It is not complete but it works. Need to add some param defaults
> and the such.

> <cfoutput>
> <cfcontent file="#DirectorySet##Evaluate("FileVal")#"
> type="application/pdf" deletefile="Yes">
> </cfoutput>

In my experience, this would return a PDF in its entirety to the browser.
This isn't the same as byte-serving a PDF, in which case the client receives
a page at a time.

On an unrelated note, you don't need the CFOUTPUT tags there, since you're
not outputting text to the client, and you don't need Evaluate, since you
can just refer to FileVal directly.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
phone: 202-797-5496