I suggest you read the archives, because this troll...er...post has come up
for discussion at least once a month for the last couple of years.

To try and answer your questions:

Fusebox is SUPER because...it provides a structured and organized basis for
your ColdFusion applications.  (Which any existing, or soon-to-be-existing,
framework/methodology should do.)

You could build individual modules and as long as you follow the Fusebox
conventions, I could come in mid-project and know exactly where to jump in
and start coding without learning your or anyone else's methodologies.  It's
basically a foundation for building websites and/or applications that is
already thought-out and in widespread use.

The rules of Fusebox also dictate a separation of different elements of your
code.  Queries, action pages, and display pages to start with, all the way
up to full blown MVC.  This does not make your code run 1000 times faster,
it just helps you and your team develop the code quicker because you are all
following the same game plan.

There's a whole bunch more to it (distinct labels/name for each page,
reusability, layouts, etc), but you are going to have to figure that out for
yourself.

Go check this out for some more information: http://www.fusebox.org

If you like what you read, try out some sample applications.  Otherwise, no
"big deal".  You have a choice and a will of your own (unless you are borg.)
You can do whatever the hell you want to.  No one is making you use it, at
least not that I know of.

And it's not someone else's idea of how to build a website.  It's a whole
bunch of intelligent people's ideas combined, packaged and put in real-world
use through 4 distinct (free) versions...there's a difference.

Tyler

  _____