From: John Dowdell [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, December 08, 2003 4:38 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: Flash Instant Messenger Software?

At 12:43 PM 12/8/3, cf-talk wrote:
> Does anyone know of some cheap/free "instant messenger" software
> that  can embed in a ColdFusion intranet application?

If it's page-based, on an intranet, then I'm assuming a chat app would
work
as well as an IM app...?

(A chat is a place you go where you can communicate with anyone also
there... in IM you set up a whitelist of people you feel safe
communicating
with. The combo of intranet and being in a page seems an effective
whitelist.)

You'd need both a client component and a server component in either
case.
I'm not sure which of each might be best for your situation. The
following
two Google terms turn up hits:
site:macromedia.com inurl:devnet chat
site:macromedia.com inurl:devnet "instant messenger"

The search engine at http://www.macromedia.com/go/weblogs can turn up
current discussions on such subjects too. Do any of these help define
the
project...?

jd

John Dowdell, Macromedia Developer Support, San Francisco
(Best to reply on-list, to avoid my mighty spam filters!)
Technotes: http://www.macromedia.com/support/search/
Column: http://www.macromedia.com/desdev/jd_forum/
Technical daily diary: http://www.macromedia.com/go/blog_jd
  _____