It's probably my fault for not using "weather" in the title (I was never any
good at marketing!)  The tag is "FreeData_NW" (for "National Weather
service, dontcha know).  Here's a direct link:

http://www.depressedpress.com/DepressedPress/Content/ColdFusion/CustomTags/F
reeData_NWS/Index.cfm

Don't expect much!  This is very old code (from 1999) - it still works but
I'm not sure if I'm proud of it any more.  ;^)

I think you've already gone far beyond me - I don't store the states or
anything like that.  It was really designed for a website that wanted the
weather for one, predetermined place (in my case, Boston).  It does the job
for that - but not as a general "get the weather for anyplace" type thing
like your stuff.

Good to hear about the potential XML feed.  I still won't hold me breath -
but it sounds like it's definitely getting off the ground.

Jim Davis

  _____