  From: Raymond Camden
  To: CF-Talk
  Sent: Tuesday, December 09, 2003 1:43 PM
  Subject: RE: Another simple question...

  Assume that 115 is a valid DB record, but one you don't want the user to
  see. It makes more sense to write your SQL to check for that. So for
  example, if the user's "Level" is 0, and the DB record has a level of 1, and
  the logic is the user's level must be equal or higher, then your SQL should
  check for it.

  That way, if I break your encryption, I don't get anything.

  I'm not saying don't encrypt - just FIRST make your code rock solid, then
  add junk to "slow down" the script kiddies.