From: Jeff Chastain [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, December 10, 2003 8:11 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: File Storage - Database vs. File System

I am working on an application where the user will have the option to upload
files to the server.  The project specifications are open in terms of
storage of the files, so I am wondering .... what are the benefits or
downsides of storing a file in the database vs. storing it in the file
system?  I have in the past stored files in a file system and used cfcontent
to push the file back to the user, thereby hiding the file structure to the
end user.  However, this always runs into issues with duplicate file names.

Suggestions?

Thanks
-- Jeff
  _____