I have a CF shared hosting provider who is recommending
switching to CDO/CDONTS from CFMAIL for sending e-mail. I've
successfully created modifcations for a few sites there to
accomplish this.

Now I'm trying to implement this locally for development purposes
and I'm realizing I'm totally lost so I'm asking if anyone has any
suggestions or pointers to tutorials about this that might resolve
the problems I'm having (basically mail doesn't get sent from my
development machines, it just ends up and stays in the IIS
mailroot\queue directory.)

I've got 2 development platforms, both connecting to the Internet
via ADSL connection and I'm able to send mail via this
connection with a mail client through my ISP's mail servers no
problem; in fact I'm doing that right now. I'm also able to set up
CFMAIL in the CF Administrator to use CFMAIL no problem. My
2 platforms are as follows and I'd welcome solutions pertaining to
either of them:

W2K Pro running CF5 and IIS5 single mode (or whatever it's
referred to).
W2003 Server Webserver Edition running CFMX6.1 and IIS6.

When trying to use CDONTS on either of these machines, mail
ends up in the QUEUE directory but just stays there and is never
sent out. With CF5 I can specify my mail server as
mail.bellsouth.net (SMTP server I use with a regular mail client)
and with CFMX I can specify this server and, additionally, specify
the proper user/password credentials required by Bellsouth to
send mail via its mail servers. I don't see how to accomplish this
via CDO/CDONTS and the IIS SMTP service and I'm not even
sure this is looking in the correct direction.

This one's had me scratching my head for a few days now so any
suggestions would be extemely welcome.

Sorry if this is a newbie question but I've been trying to find a
solution in many places and so far have struck out.

Regards,
Stephen