Mickael said:

> I have an app that seem to run very slow at time, I am looking for
> ways that I may not be using CF efficiently.
>
> The app is in french and english, and is able user is able to switch
> back and forth from french to english.  I use a session variable for
> this.

> bordercolor="000066" align="center">
> #</cfif></td>

Ewwww

Switch to using ResourceBundles while you still can:
http://www.macromedia.com/devnet/mx/coldfusion/articles/globalize.html
(I am working on a GNU gettext implementation so you can use human
readable text in your application and use the GNU toolset for working
with portable objects, but it won't be finished before new year and
unfortunately CFML doesn't allow the clean syntax PHP and C allow.)

Even if it doesn't help with performance it will save you enough time
in the long run to just buy a faster server.

Jochem