This came across the cfdj list and I thought some folks on the cf-talk
list might appreciate this information:

CSS 2 has some good print properties now, and a lot of browsers are
supporting them:

http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS2/page.html

page-break-(before|after|inside) will allow you to force page breaks.
The rest of them handle margins, page size and orientation (landscape
/ portrait), orphans and widows (how many lines of a paragraph to
maintain before or after a page break). There are even rules for crop
marks if the pages need to be cut after printing.

So that'd be my recommendation. That should get you past the issues
with Tables in RTF. :)

here's a blog article with some info about support for the standard:
http://www.exitdream.com/archives/2003/07/439.php

Last I knew IE didn't really support page-break-inside, although that
was never an issue when I needed to control page breaks, and this was
a couple years ago on IE 5. I'd like to think IE 6 might have fixed
that, but you never know until you try.

hth

s. isaac dealey                214-823-9345

team macromedia volunteer      http://www.macromedia.com/go/team

chief architect, tapestry cms  http://products.turnkey.to

onTap is open source           http://www.turnkey.to/ontap