> You can only use CFTHROW within a CFTRY/CFCATCH block of code.

As Ray pointed out, this isn't true.

> You are declaring two <CFERROR> with type exception when you
> should have just one.

You can have as many of these as are necessary. For example, you can use one
exception handler to deal with database exceptions, and another to deal with
missing includes.

> Also the exception attribute must be one of the values below
> and not just anything you like, eg:
>
> Application
> Database
> Security
> Object
> MissingInclude
> Template
> _expression_
> Lock
> SearchEngine
> Any

You can specify custom exception types, in which case you can catch them
with custom exception handlers. I haven't tried this with the CFERROR tag
specifically, but according to the documentation you can specify custom
exception types for the CFERROR tag when using TYPE="EXCEPTION".

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
voice: (202) 797-5496
fax: (202) 797-5444