Maybe its just the January effect.  Historically, the market goes up a bit in january every year while Financial Planners and people do last minute investing before tax returns.

or, maybe I dont know what im talkign about, just repeating what I heard on CNN

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, December 30, 2003 11:11 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: OT: MACR Stock price?

At latest sale the MACR stock was at $18.40 -- up 2.24% today.

I bought some MACR shares 5 days ago for $17.94 -- and am quite happy.

I expected the price to increase gradually to the $22 range.

Any ideas why the stock is going up so rapidly? (Other than the
excellent company and superior products)

TIA

Dick
  _____