Are you sure about escaping <>? Never seen that before, and when I
experimented with it I just got two of each. The only thing you need to
escape is ".

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeremy Brodie [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, 31 December 2003 8:07 a.m.
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re:cf file write

Yes, you can create .cfm files from CFILE=write

Here's how it world work
1) Move all CF code into a single variable. My perferance would be to use
CFscript synatx, since it will force you to use the correct syntax--

<cfscript>
cftext="<<cfoutput>>
<<cfset var=#evaluate("myvar")#>>
<<cfoutput>>";
// yes, you will need to double pound, double quote and double << every time
you need a variable or a tag
</cfscript>

<CFfile action=""
file="e:\_promotrials\#trialname#\trial_include.cfm"
output="#cftext#">

2) test and use

> Can <CFFILE> be used to write and output a cf file (.cfm) not a text (.
> txt) file?
>
> How would I work this?
>
> I have this down: <CFfile action=""
> file="e:\_promotrials\#trialname#\trial_include.cfm"
> output="
>
> It crashes when I insert info from the .cfm file that includes quotes.
>

> Roberto O.
HWW

  _____