On 8/4/00, Michael Kear penned:
>I have a prospective client who sells about 150 commodity products and
>wants to bring this on line and allow his mostly regular customers to
>place their daily orders order over the web and I'm scoping out the size
>of the job for me so I can price it.
>
>No problem so far.
>
>But his prices vary from customer to customer, based on the relative
>negotiation skills of the buyer and his sales people, and his supply
>prices of the moment.  And there's no uniform discount for the customers
>(e.g. customer x gets 12.5% discount).  So each customer needs to have a
>price set for each product.

Geesh. You mean for every customer, he'll have to go in and price 150
items individually? I hope he doesn't have 10,000 customers. LOL

I was just playing around with my cart and set it up with a separate
customer discount table. Works like a champ. It subtracts the number
you enter for each customer and item off the regular price, or sale
price if you have an item on sale. We could delete that last part. I
figure doing it that way, if he changes prices, all the individual
customer prices will change also.

Of course, it can also be set up with an overall percentage discount
per customer, which is already in there.

If you want, I'll throw up a demo for you.
--

Bud Schneehagen - Tropical Web Creations

ColdFusion Solutions / eCommerce Development
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.twcreations.com/
954.721.3452