From: Ben Doom [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, 7 January 2004 2:24 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: Regex Help

With regular expressions, it tends to much, much harder to say "do this
when a condition is false" than "do this when a condition is true".

One option that would at least fix the problem with the scripts (though
not the textareas or the PRE blocks) would be to replace [[:space:]]
with a class of space and tab.  This wouldn't remove line breaks.

Peter's suggestion of searching through some regex libraries is a good
one.  You may find something you could modify.

To get a better grip on the problem, can I ask why you're removing
whitespace?  Is this just to reduce page size?  Or is there a reason
I've overlooked?

--Ben Doom