> Are there any specific advantages to using J2EE sessions?

Yes, although for most CF developers they probably aren't significant. By
default, J2EE session cookies are a bit more obtuse than those used by
"traditional" CF session management, and they're actually session cookies -
they don't persist after the browser is closed, for example. You can also
use the same session data between CF and JSP/servlet applications using J2EE
sessions, and you can take advantage of JRun's clustering if you want to
share session data across multiple instances, assuming you're using the full
version of JRun.

> Are there any changes to standard CF session code required
> when changing to J2EE sessions?

Not to my knowledge, as long as your code doesn't refer to CFID or CFTOKEN
values directly. You may potentially run into other wacky problems, such as
when you redirect to a static HTML page using CFLOCATION and your web server
doesn't know how to parse the generated URL with the session token embedded
within it.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
voice: (202) 797-5496