I am writing a script that will...

* Get two separate dates from the user

and

* Put a pop-up window on our main page between the two dates entered by
the user.

My thought was to have the date values set in step one written to a
separate cfm file, possibly dates.cfm, using appropriate <cfset> tags.
Then, the main page would include a script that would include dates.cfm,
then checking the current date against the two dates in dates.cfm.

So it seems to me that I could have a script dynamically write the
contents of the dates.cfm file, simply writing over the script as
necessary with <cffile action="" the problem seems to be
that I have to put the content in the "output" attribute of the cffile
tag.  Is there a way to do this without having the cf server parse the
tags that I'm trying to write to a separate file?