From: Craig Dudley [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, January 15, 2004 6:16 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: Keyword Tracking?

I had a go at somehting like this a while back, it's 90% there, but not
quite right for a few obscure search engines, feel free to modify this
is it helps. The 'paramList' and the order of it are the important
factors.

(Just stick this is your application file)

<cfif len(cgi.HTTP_REFERER)>
<cfif find("?", cgi.HTTP_REFERER)>
  <cfset paramList = "q,p,terms,search,query,qkw">
  <cfset strStart = find("?", cgi.HTTP_REFERER)>
  <cfset referer_queryString =
right(cgi.http_referer,len(cgi.HTTP_REFERER)-strStart)>
  <cfset referer_url = left(cgi.HTTP_REFERER,(strStart-1))>
  <cfloop list="#referer_queryString#" delimiters="&" index="i">
   <cfif listfind(paramList,listfirst(i,"="))>
    <cfset variables.searchPhrase = listlast(i,"=")>
   </cfif>
  </cfloop>
</cfif>
</cfif>
<cfif isdefined("variables.searchPhrase")>
do something with the phrase
</cfif>

Good luck,

Craig.