thank you!!! this site  <http://www.ldapbrowser.com/> http://www.ldapbrowser.com/ helped alot.  thanks for the reference

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, January 19, 2004 12:51 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: Vbscript and Coldfusion

nope, it was just a thought.  Perhpas someone around here has done this.  If its in the AD, and teh LDAP stuff is 'on' of course, you should be able to query it.  Here is an example of query user data

<cfldap action="">     name="empl"
    attributes="
    employeeID,
    mail,
    memberOf,
    st,
    name,
    sn,
    initials,
    mobile,
    givenName,
    displayName,
    userPrincipalName,
    department,
    streetAddress,
    facsimileTelephoneNumber,
    countryCode,
    mailNickname,
    l,
    distinguishedName,
    manager,
    sAMAccountName,
    extensionAttribute1"
    start=" dc=fooey, dc=gooey
    sort="sn ASC"
    server="foo.goo.com"
    port="389"
    filter="sn=johnson"

Check out the LDAP browser from
http://www.ldapbrowser.com/
it rawks and should help you build your query.  For example, in our AD I see CN=Computers listing all teh computers participating in the AD.

Note, if your AD admin has not turned on anonymous reads, you will need a UID/PWD.

HTH

Doug