>Not that it helps much, but I took your same code and had no issues when I
><cfdumped> the result of getMetaData on an instance of it. You running MX
>6.1?

Yeah, I'm running Red Sky ... Turned out Sean was right, I had accidentally horqued up the meta data prior and needed to restart the cf server to fix it. A strategic duplicate() fixed the problem that originally hozed the meta data.

Those particular functions that are being called as this.function() in this component are all supposed to be public functions. Mostly getValue() and setValue() (a standardized public interface for getting and setting properties), so if calling them as this.getValue() or this.setValue() causes a problem, then there's something else wrong with the code.

Thanks for having a look at it for me Ray, I really appreciate you taking the time. :)