From: Ian Skinner [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, January 28, 2004 2:06 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: SQL and displaying date ranges

This is a very ORACLE specific example.  This kind of functionality gets
heavily into the specific capabilities of the DBMS system you are using.
But this should select all the invoices from a date range of 12/1/2003
to 12/5/2003 (hard coded in this example), returning an empty row if no
invoice exists, I may have the outer join on the wrong side I don't have
anything to easily test this SQL on.

SELECT
    INVOICE_TABLE.INVOICES,
    INVOICE_TABLE.DATES,
    ALL_DAYS.DAYS

FROM
    INVOICE_TABLE,
    (   SELECT
            TO_DATE('12/01/2003', 'MM/DD/YYYY') - 1 + rownum AS DAYS
        FROM
            all_objects
        WHERE
            TO_DATE('12/01/2003', 'MM/DD/YYYY') - 1 + rownum <=
TO_DATE('12/05/2003', 'MM/DD/YYYY')
    ) AS ALL_DAYS

WHERE
    INVOICE_TABLE.DATES = ALL_DAYS.DAYS(+)