My brother is starting a retail business that needs to purchase a POS
for. I am not really familiar with the POS market and haven't been
impressed with what he has found so far. I'd like to see a POS that
provided a backend that I could integrate with from CF. That backend
could be a mainstream database accessible via JDBC or even just a Java
API. I assume people on this list must have worked with small retail
operations that wanted an integrated e-commerce web presence. If so,
any information on this subject would be helpful since I know very
little about POS systems.

I have found some open source Java-based POS systems that I could
easily hack up for his needs, but he and I would feel more comfortable
buying a POS system.

-Matt